Job Description: UX designer
As the UX designer/business analyst of our Digital Health Products team, you are passionate about designing and making impact digital products that are easy to use and understand. You translate business goals and user needs into usable, well thought out digital solutions.
You are the one talking to customers and end users. You will work together with product managers and our software development team to make sure the needs and wishes of our end-users are well served.
About the role
Your affinity with healthcare helps you to develop tools to make healthcare better. Together with product managers you will gather requirements and create prototypes for new and existing products.
You will also work on improving our current products by validating requirements and by doing user research and testing to improve their usability.
Orikami is a Dutch MedTech organization specialized in development and implementation of digital biomarkers to enable personalized healthcare for people with chronic diseases. With a team of data scientists and researchers we are on a mission to improve 100 million lives before 2030 by access to personalized healthcare.
We believe health data is underutilized. We use real world patient data to enable personalized healthcare paths for our clients to improve outcomes, quality of life and affordable healthcare. Therefore we develop digital biomarkers.
Digital biomarkers are defined as objective, quantifiable physiological and behavioural data that are collected and measured by means of digital devices such as portables, wearables, implantables or digestibles. The collected data is typically used to monitor, explain, influence and/or predict health-related outcomes. MS sherpa is a product of Orikami in which we use smartphone technology to help people with MS and their care team monitor their health.
Advanced analytics, machine learning, artificial intelligence: developments in the field of decision-making based on data analysis are moving fast. Data in healthcare matters!
You are responsible for:
- Gather, draft and analyze requirements indirectly from clients and end-users often in collaboration with product managers and project managers
- Co-creation with end-users like patients and clinicians to understand their needs and behavior.
- Pitching concepts of products and features to (potential) clients and management. Including deciding on the expected business goals and value.
- Validating requirements. When approving the drafted documentation with business requirements included, you assure compliance of the development outcomes with the set business goals. With both sides on the same page, everything goes in the right direction.
- Translate business and user requirements into wireframes, designs and prototypes
- Make and communicate designs specifications to the development team
- Plan and execute user research and tests, and analyze the results of this to find any bottlenecks, use errors and areas for improvement
- Defining different types of users: establishing personas, creating storyboards and optimizing the customer journey
Profile and background
Firstly, we think it is very important that you fit well into our team. Your motivation shows that you have a curious attitude, you are authentic, believe in craftsmanship and dare to think differently with your vision on data science in the healthcare sector.
You also have the ability to quickly analyze complex issues and generate new, sharp insights and solutions. Although you already have the necessary experience, you never stop learning. You are also experienced in working in a team and you do not hesitate to take initiative.
What else will you bring?
- A bachelor or master degree in Industrial Design or Multimedia design
- At least 2 years work experience in designing digital health applications or similar products.
- Sketch or similar software
- Invision (or similar prototyping tool)
- Design thinking techniques
- Experience with scrum
Nice to have:
- Experience with designing for medical devices and CE- documentation
Furthermore we want you to:
- Be curious, analytical
- Be entrepreneurial, creative and positive
- Be communicative and a great teammate
- Be responsible for quality and deliver sustainable solutions
- Be commercial and customer focussed
- Fluent in Dutch
- Affinity with healthcare, e-health m-health or medical devices
- An ambitious and innovative working place
- Highly skilled colleagues
- Market-conform salary with attractive bonus scheme
- 25 vacation days with full-time employment
- Excellent training and development opportunities with dedicated learning time
- Freedom to organize your work according to your own wishes and needs
- Good work / life balance and the ability to work 80%
- Stock programme, SAR
- Attractive collective pension scheme
- An inspiring and stimulating work environment with enthusiastic and committed colleagues, with plenty of room for informal activities
How to apply
Are you motivated to work with us? We would like to meet you!
Send your application to Marianne Mathijssen (email@example.com), HR manager before 1-9-2021 with motivation and CV.
The first interviews will be scheduled in the week of September 6th.
For more information you can reach us on +31 (0)24-301 0100 or visit our webpage www.orikami.nl